EZ-470A Engine Preheater, from EZ Heat, for Continental: O-470, IO-470, O-520, IO-520
EZ Heat engine heaters use the latest technology in efficient, effective aircraft engine heating. FAA approved. No STC or 337 required to install. Engine heater installs quickly and easily in minutes. Apply included hi-temp RTV and place heater on bottom of aircraft oil pan. No mounting brackets, bolting or drilling is necessary. Three sizes cover the complete spectrum of piston engine applications. 220 V adapter available.
300 watts or less / Thermostatically Controlled
110/120 volts (models 441 and 540 are available in 220 volts).
The adhesive is already on the pad. All you need to do is peel and stick it on! (excluding model 470)
3 to 5 hours on cold soaked engine, although, since unit is thermostatically controlled, it may be left on overnight, or all the time. Cowl covers and prop covers are recommended for extreme cold weather, they also reduce preheat time.
Lite Brite Plug:
With the lighted plug, the owner simply has to look out the window or peek in the hangar to see if they remembered to plug in their E-Z Heat engine pre-heater! (excluding model 470)
Convection/conduction, the safest way of heat transfer available. No flames or glowing elements are potential fire hazards.
- 6' power cord included with each model
- FAA accepted. No STC required.
- Easy installation, applied directly on the bottom or side of oil sump.
- Reduces engine wear. Allows easy flow of engine oil to vital components in extreme sub-zero weather.
- No cutting of hoses, removing of cylinder probes
- Heats 12 quarts of oil from -40°F to +60°F in 1 hour
- Uses less than 300 watts, compared to many engine heaters that use 800-1600 watts.
- Heats entire engine in about 4 hours.
- Thermostatically controlled to monitor engine oil temperature (cycles at 165°F)
- No danger of oil carbonization
- UL recognized components
- Thin, flexible pad easily contours to virtually any size oil pan
- Permanent. Once applied, unit need not be removed