Call 1-800-447-3408 for Ordering and Installation Pricing
The System 40 is an economical panel-mounted mode selector/programmer/annunciator autopilot with 3" standard mounting.
- 3” ATI panel-mounted
- Internal lighting
- Roll axis computer three ATI case-contained
- Heading preselect and hold**
- Turn command in “STB” roll stabilization mode
- Low and high gain VOR/LOC/GPS tracking (track only)
- Back course (REV) mode
- Control wheel altitude hold select
- GPSS (GPS. Steering) converter
- DG / HSI compatible
- Manual electric trim (where STC’d)
- Yaw Damper
* *Operational if heading system (e.g., DG with heading bug) is installed and active.
- Ready - Indicates A/P ready status and reliable gyro speed.
- Multi-function control knob - Turn command, or push to select heading hold or roll stabilization mode
- Roll stabilization mode - Holds wing level and enables command knob for A/P commanded turns up to 90% standard rate.
- NAV/LOC/GPS tracking -Dual gain NAV for en route tracking and smooth station passage.
- APR for GPS en route, and LOC, VOR & GPS approaches
- REV for backcourse approaches
- Mode selector buttons
- Control Wheel Altitude Engage / Disengage
- Manual Electric Trim
- GPSS Converter
SYSTEM 40 consists of the Programmer/Computer, Turn Coordinator, Roll and Pitch Servo, and Absolute Pressure Transducer. Includes mounting hardware and harness. Optional Directional Gyro priced separately. System 50 is available for 13.75 or 27.5 Vdc operation. FAA TSO approved.
- Additional Labor Necessary to Remove Existing Autopilot System
- Heading System Not Included
* Install Price May Vary By Aircraft
In general aviation singles, light twins, and turboprops, S-TEC's rate based autopilot systems have a number of significant advantages over attitude based systems. You can expect safety, reliability, and performance whenever your autopilot is engage. S-TEC also believes in a building block philosophy which allows installation of an autopilot today as a foundation, and upgrading to a system with more features and functions at a later date. All S-TEC autopilot systems use common hardware, servos, and sensors throughout the product line which offers you significant advantages in serviceability, reliability, and overall cost. A multitude of autopilots are available from a simple altitude hold only to a full two axis autopilot with glide slope capture, vertical speed control, and dual mode intercept.
Manufacturer does not allow mail-order sales of Autopilots/Flight guidance systems to owners of Certified Aircraft. S-Tec Autopilots must be installed by an authorized S-Tec dealer, unless installed in a home-built aircraft. Avionics installations require special knowledge, skills, test equipment and tools. Call our Avionics Sales Staff for an installed price.