Vacuum Horizon Autopilot Gyro, Blue/Black, TSOLamp Tray Sold Separately for Lighted DG (^See Related Products Tab)
The 5000E air-driven attitude gyro is another variation of our standard 5000B model. It includes inductive pick-offs that generate the signals necessary to drive an autopilot. The intuitive display has a moving horizon mask that indicates the position of the aircraft’s wings in relation to the natural horizon. This attitude information is passed along to the autopilot system.
This is one of the most popular primary instruments. It is FAA approved, and can replace the turn coordinator when equipped with an inclinometer.
- Temperature: -30° to 50° C
- - CPS: 5 to 50
- - Maximum Double Amplitude: 0.020 in.
- - Maximum Acceleration: 1.5 G's
- Humidity: 0% to 95% at 32° C
- Altitude: 0 to 40,000 ft.
- Height: 3.38"
- Width: 3.38"
- Depth: 7.51"
- Weight: 2.2 lbs. max.
- Markings: Matte white
- Finish: Dull black
- Non-articulated dial surface painted black per 8A015-002. Dial markings painted white per 8A015-002. Sky portion of dial painted matte blue per 8A053-001.
- External surfaces painted black per 8A004-001.