M1730 6-Cylinder Ignition Harness for Continental Engines
with Bendix S6-20 & S6-200 Magnetos & 3/4-20 Spark Plugs
Fit Most Models: O-470, IO-470, TSIO-470, IO-520, TSIO-520
- Full one year or 500 hour new part warranty on Slick components
- Over 100 years of aviation ignition manufacturing experience
- All manufacturing and customer service based in the USA
- Heat-resistant polymer coating specifically engineered for high-temperatures.
- Coiled center wire for greater flexibility eliminating the need for old style elbows
- Flexible, 16 strand silicone impregnated scuff resistant braid greatly reduces EMI.
- Heavy-gauge contact spring for greater contact force reducing the chance of flashover
- Completely repairable and all pieces are independently available through distribution.
Aircraft ignition harness assemblies prevent the entrance, formation, and accumulation of impurities within the shielded distribution systems universally employed on airplanes using high-sensitivity radio receivers.
Champion Slick ignition harnesses feature corrosion resistant connections, a heavy-gauge contact spring to provide more contact area and force against the spark plug contact, plated ground path overbraid and a center conductor wire design that provides flexibility to reduce fatigue and breakage of the specialized plated stainless steel coiled conductor core from repeated temperature cycling and engine vibration. Fluid susceptibility concerns are addressed by the silicone based sheathing that protects the ignition wire from spark plug termination to the harness backplate. This extremely flexible wire lends itself to sharp bends, thereby eliminating the need for old style harness elbows. There are no soldered joints in the grounding circuit, and they are custom made for most 4 and 6 cylinder engine applications using Slick magnetos. Harnesses for Slick magnetos are furnished with the backplates installed.
FAA-PMA approved Slick Harnesses by Champion are built to handle the demanding environmental conditions, maximum spark energy produced and maintain optimized levels of electromagnetic Interference protection. Using anything less could result in more than a 50% reduction of radio sensitivity in commonly used communication frequencies, as tested by Champion.