Continuous Duty (Aux) Solenoid, FAA-PMA, by SkytecClick Here for Proper Application Reference
- FAA-PMA Certified - stop using automotive parts and operating in the 'gray area' (aka. non-conformance) of the FAR's!
- Sky-Tec has retooled & upgraded the GOOD, "old-school" aircraft solenoids!
- High Quality Manufacturing designed to take the beating a piston aircraft dishes out
- Upgraded to perform best with today's lightweight, high torque starters
- Not automotive store parts with extra mystery terminals
- Same OE terminal layout used for decades on general aircraft - simple to install
- Silver contacts (vs. copper) for high-current capability and long-life
- All-metal case construction
Only Sky-Tec offers high quality FAA-PMA replacements for Prestolite (and other) solenoids used in Beech, Cessna, Grumman, Lake, Maule and Piper aircraft. 12 and 24 volt units.
Continuous Duty (Aux) Solenoids:
- Silver Contacts provide 300A in-rush and 150A continuous-duty capability
- Light spring and low-current coil for excellent engagement and holding capability.
- Dual coil terminals
- Connecting Auxiliary (Ground) Power
- Available in 12V or 24V
- Activation: Varies
Finally there is a true, high-quality, high-performance FAA CERTIFIED OE/reproduction solenoid available for most popular piston aircraft.
Sky-Tec has once again simply done what makes common sense. In this case, Sky-Tec simply replicated the best OE solenoids using all new tooling and the highest quality materials to ensure the industry has access to exacting the real thing: aviation (not automotive) solenoids that fit and wire the same as the originals did. The terminals are the right size and in the right place and the internals are high quality and built to take the beating that only our smaller piston-engine aircraft can dish out. Sky-Tec also enhanced inrush capability to ensure maximum performance with Sky-Tec high torque, lightweight starters.
And because it's Sky-Tec, you can be assured the price is reasonable and factory support, should you ever need it, is second to none.
No one else offers an FAA-certified solenoid at anywhere close to the same quality at anywhere close to the same price.