37% YAK 55M ARF Gas Airplane, by Krill ModelsClick Here to Download Instruction Manual
- C/F engine dome (already have a right thrust build in).
- CNC rudder servo tray.
- CNC fuel tanks holders.
- CNC F/G horns.
- Screws,nuts and washers.
This model is based on full size YAK 55M. Favored by many aerobatic pilots around the world, it's capabilities and power have been proven many times. This model is built using the same " Hi Tech" technology Krill uses on all previous models. The landing gear is a sandwich of light wood and carbon fiber. The results are amazing. While incredibly strong, it weighs only 520gr ( 1.14 lb). Total weight of this plane is an amazing 15.8kg ( 35 lbs!! ). As usual all parts are composite. Canopy glued into a canopy frame, matching your paint scheme. This airplane is offered in a new line of designs. Some were designed after full size paint schemes.
3D Wings by Gernot Bruckmann
For this year, together with Gernot Bruckman, Krill has prepared some changes for the YAK 55 M. A lot of ideas and experiences about the YAK55M came from Krill’s pilots. This airplane is very good for pattern and 3D flying as well. So Krill took this input and made some small changes with the set up and materials used. Now you get a stronger and lighter airplane with better flight characteristics.
Perhaps the most welcomed change is Krill have started to use a wing tube instead of wing spars. This wing is stronger because inside are two wing spars. Anodized aluminum tubes provide even more strength. So no more spars sticking out of wing bags.
Also these planes now have 3D ailerons. About 30% more area then regular ones, center hinged and removable. But this comes with a “price”. 4 high torque servos (JR 8711) per aileron are needed. For all who love 3D flying .... the roll with this these wings is Amazing!
Also please note that 3D ailerons can only be made to a new set of wings at the time of your order. Unfortunately these cannot be fitted into existing wings with spars!!
Description of individual parts:
- vacuum bagged sandwich with all bulkheads installed for you.
- vacuum bagged sandwich with full span carbon fiber spar. This creates incredible strength and increases lifespan. Each wing was designed for 3 servos, all servo bays are already boxed to eliminate any possible twists when servos are "working".
- vacuum bagged sandwich. Elevator part is attached using a brass rod though F/G hinges. Same way it's done on full size airplanes. 2 servo bays in each half already boxed same way as in the wings. Stabs are attached to fuselage with 2 aluminum tubes with 18mm dia (3/4") and secured with 2 x M3 screws from the bottom of the stab.
- vacuum bagged sandwich, mounted to fin same way as the elevator. For ease of transportation, rudder is removable.
- only clear canopy is available. Glued into canopy frame for you and matched to your paint scheme.
- vacuum bagged sandwich. Attached to fuselage using 8-10 screws M4.
Landing gear and wheel pants
- Fiber glass parts, using our latest technology. Very light and incredibly strong. Wheelpants will accept 130mm (5") wheels.