PS Engineering PM1000II 4-Place Panel Mount Intercom, with Pilot Isolate & Jack Kit, TSO
The PM1000 II provides the pilot with the most capability for the least amount of money. Individual volume and squelch controls eliminate the frustration of clipped syllables, ensures quiet intercom operation because only the active mic picks up sound, and allows the use of dissimilar headsets. Pilot Isolate is standard and allows the pilot uninterrupted radio operation while the passengers can continue to talk with themselves and listen to entertainment. Music input with Soft Mute attenuates the music anytime someone speaks or the radio becomes active and then slowly returns to full volume when the activity ceases.
The PM1000II panel mounted, four-channel intercom gains the benefits of PS Engineering's 27 years of design excellence. This popular panel mount has advanced features found in only more expensive competitor's units. Some of its best features include:
- Pilot isolate, crew isolate, and dual entertainment sources allow full flexibility, even giving pilots the option to feed monaural music to the passengers and allow them to chat among themselves without disturbing the front seats. (Note: crew isolate and dual music requires the 11920 model)
- Soft Mute circuitry is our standard-setting solution for managing the music volume levels against radio reception and transmission.
- Automatic fail-safe interconnect to the aircraft radio wires the pilot's headset to the aircraft radio in the event of disrupted power or related failure.
- Separate pilot and copilot transmit capabilities ensures that only the person pressing the PTT will be heard over the radio. A red transmit light is illuminated when a PTT is pressed -- this also serves as a "stuck-mic" indicator.
- Independent intercom volume settings do not affect radio equipment volume levels, allowing better control over communications.
- An optional digital recorder can provide up to one minute of storage of radio receptions. A continuous loop recorder, it does not record "dead air time", giving the pilots an option to store up to 16 messages at any one time.
- Dim: 3.0"w x 1.2"h x 5.5"d. Power: 11-32Vdc. Wt: 12 oz.