PS Engineering PMA450A IntelliAudio Panel
with 6-Place ItelliVox Intercom, Bluetooth & Marker Beacon
Important PS Engineering Warranty Information
In order for the factory warranty to be valid, the installation in a certified aircraft must be accomplished by an FAA-certified avionics shop and authorized PS Engineering dealer. If the unit is being installed by a non-certified individual in an experimental aircraft, a factory-made harness must be used for the warranty to be valid.
Another leap forward in PS Engineering PMA450A is the improved and unique graphical user interface. Using OLED technology, the larger display not only makes viewing the display from any angel, it is larger to make use of the graphics capability of the display. The new USB-C standard port also brings more power to the pilot. This USB is for powering devices up to 15 Watts, 33 % more powerful than was available before.
- 3-Softkey User Interface integrated with OLED Graphics Display allowing intuitive operation as well as wide angle view in all levels of cockpit lighting
- IntelliAudio® True Dimensional Sound provides listening to com radios at the same time
- Enhanced Bluetooth® capability that includes Caller ID, complete control of the telephone directly from the audio panel control, and music streaming
- USB-C Charging Port provides up to 15 Watts of power with Auto-Protection preventing electrical shorts from being an issue.
- 3 Independent Music Inputs, Music #1, Music #2, and Bluetooth® Streaming
- Enhanced Digital Aircraft Radio Recorder with display of Com and message number that is being played back
- 6-place IntelliVox® automatic VOX hi-fi stereo intercom with Alternate Intercom Function
- 3 User definable switched inputs
- Monitor Mode allows automatic muting of non-primary radio
- 3 music mute modes: Mute On, Mute Off, Radio Mute
- Volume control for Intercom, Speaker, Marker Beacon Audio, 3 Switched Inputs, Telephone, and all Music Inputs
- Built-in Marker Beacon Receiver
- Split mode for dual audio panel capability
- 3 Isolation modes - Pilot Isolate, All, and Crew
- 4 unswitched inputs
- Selectable music distribution for pilot, copilot and passengers
- RAM (Radio Active Mute) eliminates constant back ground noise from radio static
- 2-year Pro-Support Warranty
The PMA450A is the second generation digitally based audio panel that is based upon a DSP (Digital Signal Processor). The licensed patented technology from the United States Air Force that was designed for the fighter pilot, who is inundated with multiple audio signals, is now available to the GA pilots.
IntelliAudio® gives the pilot the capability to pay attention to the radio that is important to their flight at any one instant in time. Consider the Com 1 coming from the 10 O’clock position while Com 2 is coming from the 2 O’clock position, just like being at a cocktail party, you are able to pay attention to the person who is telling you something important while ignoring the other conversations that aren’t.
The 3 Soft-key user interface is unprecedented for audio control panels. With more and more capability provided by our audio panels, we found it necessary to make the access to these functions easier. If you can read English (universal language of pilots) you’ll be able to get all of the capability from the PMA450A without ever having to open up the User’s Guide.
New option for the PMA450A is the PS Streamer. This system will stream selected audio to external Bluetooth® enable devices, such as GoPro cameras or other audio dongles.
This audio panel is plug ‘n play with GARMIN’s GMA340, so making the upgrade as easy as 1-2-3. The existing wire harness and tray that is installed for the GMA340 is complete and there is nothing to add or change. Get all of the new capabilities by simply removing and replacing. A simple log book entry is all that is required.