Engineered from the ground up, the all-new Ascend headset by Telex is finely tuned to provide superior performance in a bold new design. From cockpit to cabin, the Ascend is ideal for commercial pilots with diverse needs and discerning standards.
It's easy to experience the unmatched flexibility of the Ascend. A simple procedure allows you to change the connector, remove the boom, or add a battery. Some of the available modules include:
- Standard two-plug aviation connectors with boom microphone
- Five-pin XLR (Airbus-Type) connector with boom microphone
- 1/8" stereo entertainment headphone listen only connector
- Rechargeable long-lasting battery
The Telex Ascend is ideal for use in the cockpit or the cabin. The highly flexible design enables users to swap connectors and use the same professional-grade headset for commercial flying, or personal audio applications. For example, a pilot can connect the twin aviation jacks with a boom mic for cockpit use, then swap a listen-only headphone module and enjoy music on a digital media player during a layover. The possibilities are endless.
Superior Sound Quality
- All modules are easily changed out by the end-user, no tools necessary.
- In-field changes can be done at the module level so Ascend headsets can be quickly and easily repaired.
- The Ascend can change as your requirements change. A two-plug version used in a business or commercial jet will work just as ideally when converted to a single-plug version for an Airbus.
Ascend sounds superb for both communications and entertainment. Advances that make the Ascend a truly remarkable device include:
Active Noise Reduction
- Automatically limited speaker output - protects hearing.
- High-bandwidth frequency response - headset sounds great when used for dialogue or music.
- Advanced noise reduction system - provides ideal level of noise reduction to compliment superior sound quality.
Ascend's advanced noise reduction system specifically targets common cockpit noises, such as wind noise and avionics cooling fans. The Ascend improves upon the Active Noise Reduction in the popular ANR 500 & 850 models and the passive noise reduction of the Airman 850. ANR power can be delivered without batteries through the mic plug, or with the convenient rechargeable battery module.
Fold Flat Swivel Design
Ascend's unique chassis features pivoting earcups, ensuring a snug, custom-fit for the user. The earcups pivot a full 180 degrees enabling the headset to fold flat for compact storage.
FAA/TSO C139 Approved
The Telex Ascend has been meticulously designed and rigorously tested to meet the FAA TSO standards necessary for use in commercial aircraft.
Three Year Factory Warranty
The Ascend is covered by a full three-year factory warranty. The solid construction is designed to prevail through the thousands of hours of flying time that dedicated pilots endure.
Deluxe Version includes headset frame, boom/connector assy., battery module, battery charger, stereo entertainment module, filler module, deluxe case.
Please click on the Related Items tab for accessories