PowerBox Professional, with Sensor Switch & Servo MatchingClick Here for the Instruction Manual
- Servo-Match function: servo center, end-points and reverse for 4 channels and 8 servos
- Compatible with PowerBox MagSensor
- Graphic OLED screen with 128 x 64 pixels
- Extremely user-friendly menu-based programming using the SensorSwitch
- 8 channels
- Signal amplification and interference suppression for all 12 outputs
- Variable frame rate, range 9ms – 21ms
- 16-bit processor for fast, high-resolution signal processing
- double-regulated output voltages for receivers and servos
- regulated voltage with selection facility, 5.9V or 7.4V
- Connection facilities for Spektrum, HoTT and Multiplex MSB downlink bus systems
- Direct transmission of battery voltage and capacity to the transmitter
- Separate voltage and capacity display for each battery
- Minimum value memory alerts the user to voltage collapses
- Large-area heat-sinks for high regulator performance
- Regulator monitoring, regulator error indicator
- Support for three battery types: LiPo, NiMH / NiCd, LiFePo
- Suppression of any servo feedback currents which may occur
- Updateable with PowerBox Systems USB Interface connectors
The PowerBox Professional has been a popular and reliable power supply system ever since its introduction in 2002. However, until now it has been limited to use with 4S or 5S NiCd or NiMH batteries.
Now we are introducing the 3rd generation of the PowerBox Professional, which has been completely revised to cater for the developing demands on modern power supply systems.
The new version incorporates many new features, including a high-resolution OLED screen, electronic switches, menu-based programming, regulated output voltage of 5.9 V or 7.4 V, four match-channels, telemetry capability and much more.
The Professional supports eight channels remotely accessed from the receiver, four of which are equipped with a servo-match function. This makes it ideal for aerobatic models in the 25% to 35% class as well as for jets. The purpose of servo-matching is to adjust the center point, end-points and direction of rotation very accurately for each servo. This means that multiple servos connected mechanically to a single control surface can be fine-tuned to operate exactly in parallel, preventing the servos working against each other. They are able to develop their full power, and consume less current. Servo-matching can also extend the effective life of your servos enormously.
However, servo-matching also allows functions to be linked, avoiding the need for two channels at the transmitter. As an example: the left and right landing flaps can be operated using just one transmitter channel, as the direction of rotation and the servo end-points are adjusted at the Professional. This saves channels, and in many cases makes the transmitter programming procedure much easier.
All the settings are programmed using the SensorSwitch in conjunction with the high-resolution OLED screen. All the menu points are displayed in full text form on the screen - rather than as abbreviations - which makes it much easier to understand the procedure.
Naturally it is possible to use the MagSensor to switch the Professional on and off, if you wish to conceal the switch.
The PowerBox Professional can be updated using the USB interface adapter. This means that future expansions - such as additional telemetry systems - can be loaded and used in just a few minutes.