PowerBox Receiver BatteryClick Here to Download the Instruction Manual
2S 4000mAh LiPo, Multiplex Connecter, 1.00mm Wire, with Mount & LED
- Integrated charge technology of the latest type
- Integral balancer
- Can be left in the model for charging
- Only a simple mains PSU is required for charging
- Integral monitoring of cell voltage, charge current and battery temperature
- Integral voltage monitor with external LED
- Strong external case provides protection from external influences
- Mounting frame holds the battery with completely reliability
- Mounting frame enables rapid battery swap
- Low-cost cell replacement service
The PowerBox Battery System is available with capacities of 1500 mAh, 2800 mAh, 3200 mAh and 4000 mAh, and has been developed specifically for use as receiver and servo power supplies.
A sophisticated electronic safety circuit monitors battery voltage, temperature, charge current and charge time. The integral balancer monitors and regulates the voltage of the individual cells.
All you need for safe, efficient charging of the high-quality LiPo and LiFePo4 cells is the 110 / 220 V main PSU or 12 V car adapter. This eliminates any danger of incorrect charging due to entering the wrong cell-count or battery type in the charge program. The PowerBox Battery can be left connected to the charger for long periods without suffering damage.
The battery also includes an integral voltage monitor. The external plug-in LED allows the user to detect an imminent low-voltage condition even when the battery is not in use.
A robust case protects the PowerBox Battery from all external influences and loads in the model. The mounting frame supplied as standard is installed permanently in the model, and ensures that the battery can never shift in flight. Mounting frames are also available separately. Since the PowerBox Battery can be removed from the frame quickly and easily, a single battery can be used in multiple models.
After a few years the cells in the PowerBox Battery may become exhausted, but PowerBox offers a low-cost cell replacement service, which also includes a check of the electronics.
Choose Your Application
The PowerBox Battery range has been developed specifically for use as receiver power supplies, and the battery size should be selected to suit your particular application. For example, a 1500 mAh pack could well be overloaded by a model fitted with fifteen digital servos; far better to select the next size up.
The PowerBox Battery 4000 has also proved to be an excellent choice as an ECU power supply for turbines. It is not recommended to use the PowerBox Battery 2800 for this application, as the current load during a kerosene start process is around 35-40A, and this would soon shorten the useful life of this battery type.
The PowerBox Battery 3200 LiFePo is also unsuitable for this task, because the typical ECU requires a voltage of more than 7.0 Volt, which these packs cannot supply: the nominal voltage of a LiFePo pack is only 6.6 Volt.
- Charger is built into each battery and only weighs a couple of grams
- Integrated charger means no charging horror stories or battery damage
- Uses a simple AC adapter to charge ( No expensive chargers to buy or learn how to program and use )
- Integrated temperature monitoring prevents battery damage
- Unique Lithium-Polymer battery chemistry allows high current delivery for giant-scale applications where Typical 'consumer' LiPoly cells can't.
- Battery holder design saves money by allowing easy battery exchange between airplanes for only a few dollars per plane
- Battery case design is nearly indestructible fiber reinforced plastic
- Holder design is made from Delrin for flexibility and durability. It prevents vibration and protects your investment.
- Battery holds 95% charge after a year
- Unique Lithium-Polymer cell chemistry was developed specifically for PowerBox Systems by Ionity AG, Germany