Michelin 6.00-6 6 ply Air TireMichelin AIR: The tire for demanding pilots.
The Michelin AIR general aviation tire is the best tire Michelin knows how to make. It offers a number of exclusive features designed to improve performance and extend tire life, starting with two new specialized rubber compounds. The sidewall compound is optimized to provide maximum ozone and ultraviolet light protection, while the MX2000 tread compound is Michelin’s toughest. In addition, the Air Cushion Inner Liner provides a protective cushion over the casing plies which guards against inner tube chafing. And the Posi-Fit” bead construction reduces movement between the tire and the wheel for improved lateral stability. As you might expect, Michelin AIR tires are not inexpensive. But the world’s finest products rarely are. The fact is, Michelin put a lot into the AIR tires so you can get a lot out of them. And when you consider how much you
get, you may wonder why they don’t cost more.
- Exclusive Air Cushion Inner Liner: Protective cushion located over casing plies guards against inner tube chafi ng for longer tube life and lower maintenance costs.
- “Posi-Fit” Bead Construction: Firm (tight) fit reduces movement between the tire and wheel for improved lateral stability and a reduction of potential tube chafing.
- Customized Michelin AIR Rubber Compounds: Tire exterior consists of two specialized rubber compounds which are designed to provide Michelin’s longest tire life and lowest cost-per-landing. Sidewall is optimized for both ozone and ultraviolet light protection which reduces ozone cracking in key areas of the tire, and helps prevent premature aging. The MX2000 tread compound is Michelin’s toughest, providing our maximum amount of exterior wear and crack resistance.
- Mass Optimized Casing Design: Advanced production techniques enhance our ability to balance stresses within the tire structure, for an efficient lightweight product with excellent balance properties.
- Advanced Nylon Casing: Strong, yet lightweight nylon cords are designed to exceed strict industry standards for overpressure strength, and reduce heat buildup for long life and even wear.
- Functional Sidewall Design: Distinctive and functional sidewall confi guration helps inhibit premature aging by reducing the number of potential sites for ozone initiation.
- Streamlined Profile: Contoured shoulder absorbs lateral impacts associated with landing, helping the tire achieve a full life, even under adverse conditions.