The RDAC X is the Engine monitor module used with Ultra, Enigma, and Odyssey instruments.
Available in two versions, the RDAC XF is the base version and the RDAC XF MAP adds a precise silicon manifold pressure sender (usable for any pressure in the 0 to 2.5 Bar (30psi) range (non aggressive gases or liquids only).
The RDAC X provides up to 12 channels for thermocouple sensors (EGT,CHT), channels dedicated to NTC temperature probes, oil and fuel pressure, fuel levels, fuel flow and RPM, manifold or boost pressure (RDAC XD only).
There are 4 RDAC models, depending on your need:
- RDAC VD - All engine functions with 4-channels for thermocouples (CHT/EGT)
- RDAC VT - For turbine engines and with 4-channels for thermocouples (CHT/EGT)
- RDAC XF - All engine functions with 12-channels for thermocouples (CHT/EGT)
- RDAC XF MAP - All engine functions with 12-channels for thermocouples and manifold pressure (MAP)
So, if you intend to monitor more than 2 cylinders of CHT/EGT, you need either the X-F (no manifold pressure) or the X-F MAP (manifold pressure sensor onboard)..
Twin engine or extra sensor requirements? You can connect 2 RDACs to each EFIS.
- Maintenance Timers
- Oil Temperature
- Oil Pressure
- Fuel Pressure (if not using NTC CHT inputs)
- Water Temp (if required)
- Carb Ice (if required)
- Fuel level (1 or 2 with resistive senders)
- Fuel flow (using turbine sensor or fuel injector signal)
Whenever an engine parameter is exceeded an alarm will be initiated. The alarm can be setup to be any or all of the following:
RDAC Technical Details:
- On screen warning
- Flashing Enigma alert light
- External contact (panel warning light)
- Voice alert (which you can record yourself using the Sounds program)
- Four or twelve channel thermocouple amplifier, high resolution chopper stabilized system with full cold junction compensation and low voltage correction to laboratory standards.
- The inputs can accept K-type or J-type thermocouples (selectable via provided menu functions)
- Oil and Water temperature NTC input compatible with most oil temperature senders and the MGL water temperature sender.
- Also accepts MGL precision semiconductor senders for water and oil temperature.
- Universal rev counter input. Can be used on a wide variety of engines using a variety of interface methods.
- Fuel flow sender input. Can be used with most commercial liquid flow senders. Calibration via provided menu functions.
- Oil pressure sender input. Accepts most commercial oil pressure senders including those from VDO.
- Fuel level sender input with extensive calibration functions provided to allow direct readout of fuel quantity corrected for tank shape and sender tolerances (accurate fuel volume, not level)
- LM335 sensor based temperature sender to indicate ice warning. The sender is normally fitted to the outside of a carburetor, in close proximity to the throttle slider or valve or in the intake airflow.
- The EMS included with the Enigma provides for a wide variety of engines and the display unit can be configured in many different ways to display the information required.