The RDAC VD is the Engine monitor module used with E2, Ultra, Enigma, and Odyssey instruments. This device is intended for applications that require up to four channels of thermocouple temperature monitoring (The E2 package includes the RDAC VD).
The RDAC VT is very similar to the VD but provides a modified RPM input intended for turbine engines (primary RPM or N1).
The RDAC VD and VT provides up to 4 channels for thermocouple sensors (EGT,CHT), channels dedicated to NTC temperature probes, oil and fuel pressure, fuel levels, fuel flow and RPM.
The RDAC VD & VT requires supply from a 12V DC source. Voltages such as found in typical 12V nicad or lead-acid battery based installations are acceptable.
There are 4 RDAC models, depending on your need:
- RDAC VD - All engine functions with 4-channels for thermocouples (CHT/EGT)
- RDAC VT - For turbine engines and with 4-channels for thermocouples (CHT/EGT)
- RDAC X-B - All engine functions with 12-channels for thermocouples (CHT/EGT)
- RDAC X-D - All engine functions with 12-channels for thermocouples and manifold pressure (MAP)
So, if you intend to monitor more than 2 cylinders of CHT/EGT, you need either the X-B (no manifold pressure) or the X-D (manifold pressure sensor onboard)..
Twin engine or extra sensor requirements? You can connect 2 RDACs to each EFIS.
- Maintenance Timers
- Oil Temperature
- Oil Pressure
- Fuel Pressure (if not using NTC CHT inputs)
- Water Temp (if required)
- Carb Ice (if required)
- Fuel level (1 or 2 with resistive senders)
- Fuel flow (using turbine sensor or fuel injector signal)
Whenever an engine parameter is exceeded an alarm will be initiated. The alarm can be setup to be any or all of the following:
RDAC Technical Details:
- On screen warning
- Flashing Enigma alert light
- External contact (panel warning light)
- Voice alert (which you can record yourself using the Sounds program)
- Four or twelve channel thermocouple amplifier, high resolution chopper stabilized system with full cold junction compensation and low voltage correction to laboratory standards.
- The inputs can accept K-type or J-type thermocouples (selectable via provided menu functions)
- Oil and Water temperature NTC input compatible with most oil temperature senders and the MGL water temperature sender.
- Also accepts MGL precision semiconductor senders for water and oil temperature.
- Universal rev counter input. Can be used on a wide variety of engines using a variety of interface methods.
- Fuel flow sender input. Can be used with most commercial liquid flow senders. Calibration via provided menu functions.
- Oil pressure sender input. Accepts most commercial oil pressure senders including those from VDO.
- Fuel level sender input with extensive calibration functions provided to allow direct readout of fuel quantity corrected for tank shape and sender tolerances (accurate fuel volume, not level)
- LM335 sensor based temperature sender to indicate ice warning. The sender is normally fitted to the outside of a carburetor, in close proximity to the throttle slider or valve or in the intake airflow.
- The EMS included with the Enigma provides for a wide variety of engines and the display unit can be configured in many different ways to display the information required.