The Velocity Singles are our latest Singles that fit in standard round 3 1/8” cutout. Using a custom-made high resolution graphics display, these instruments provide excellent daylight readability, even in direct sunlight. In addition they all have built in backlighting making them easy to read at night time. Each instrument includes a rotary control plus 2 independent keys for easy menu navigation and to access specific instrument features. The Velocity range has a switch mode power supply allowing the instruments to be used in both 12V and 24V environments as well as for reduced power consumption. Reverse and over voltage protection is provided.
For Manuals visit the Click Here for Cutout Dimensions
- Standard 3 1/8” aircraft enclosure (can be front or rear mounted)
- Rotary control plus 2 independent buttons for easy menu navigation and user input
- Alarm output as well as an onboard red LED for alarm notification
- Large backlit graphic LCD with adjustable contrast
- Multiple display screens (model dependent)
- On board voltage reversal and over voltage protection for harsh electrical environments
- SMPS (Switch mode power supply) for use in both 12V and 24V systems as well as for reduced power consumption
- Light weight design
- Field upgradeable firmware
- 3-Year Limited Warranty
Encoding Aviation Altimeter and Airspeed Indicator
The ASX-2 altimeter/airspeed combo is a 3 1/8” instrument based on a precision altimeter and a wide range, sensitive airspeed indicator. The altimeter conforms to ANSI standard atmosphere rules from –700 ft up to a maximum of 30,000 ft.
The altimeter includes an encoding serial output that, when used in combination with MGL Avionics CNV-AT, provides a parallel Gillman code interface for transponders. The altimeter can display altitude in feet or meters. Local pressure can be set in millibars or inches or mercury.
The airspeed indicator can show air speeds from 16 to 250 mph and is well suited for use in slow aircraft due to very good sensitivity and linearity at low air speeds. The airspeed indicator as well as altimeter can interface to a static port and the airspeed indicator is based on a standard aviation pitot tube. The airspeed indicator can be set to indicate speeds in statute miles per hour (mph), kilometers per hour (km/h) or nautical miles per hour (knots) with the air-distance being displayed in corresponding units. The airspeed sensitivity can be calibrated by the user to cater for errors caused by pitot tube placement. The ASX-2 also outputs airspeed information via the airtalk protocol for interfacing to the Infinity FF-1/Velocity FF-3 (fuel flow computer for single or dual fuel tanks) and the SP-X (AHRS) instruments.
In addition the ASX-2 provides a 24 entry automatic flight log that stores the duration of each of the last 24 flights, an air-distance trip counter and a current flight timer. The ASX-2 is the ideal instrument for installations were panel space is at a premium.
- Precision altimeter for –700 ft up to a maximum of 30,000 ft
- Provides a parallel Gillman code interface for transponders when used in combination with the MGL Avionics CNV-AT.
- The altimeter can display altitude in feet or meters. Local pressure can be set in millibars or inches or mercury.
- Airspeed ranges from 16 to 250mph and is well suited to slow aircraft due to very good sensitivity and linearity at low air speeds. Airspeed can be displayed as IAS or a calculation based TAS.
- Includes a 24 entry automatic flight log
- Includes an air-distance trip counter and a flight timer
- Airspeed units can be in miles per hour (mph), kilometer per hour (kph) or nautical miles per hour (knots)
- Contains a programmable low/high airspeed alarm
- Records maximum airspeed and altitude reached in permanent memory