The Velocity Singles are our latest Singles that fit in standard round 3 1/8” cutout. Using a custom-made high resolution graphics display, these instruments provide excellent daylight readability, even in direct sunlight. In addition they all have built in backlighting making them easy to read at night time. Each instrument includes a rotary control plus 2 independent keys for easy menu navigation and to access specific instrument features. The Velocity range has a switch mode power supply allowing the instruments to be used in both 12V and 24V environments as well as for reduced power consumption. Reverse and over voltage protection is provided.
For Manuals visit the Click Here for Cutout Dimensions
- Standard 3 1/8” aircraft enclosure (can be front or rear mounted)
- Rotary control plus 2 independent buttons for easy menu navigation and user input
- Alarm output as well as an onboard red LED for alarm notification
- Large backlit graphic LCD with adjustable contrast
- Multiple display screens (model dependent)
- On board voltage reversal and over voltage protection for harsh electrical environments
- SMPS (Switch mode power supply) for use in both 12V and 24V systems as well as for reduced power consumption
- Light weight design
- Field upgradeable firmware
- 3-Year Limited Warranty
Precision ENCODING altimeter and VSI indicator
The ALT-3 is a 3 1/8” instrument that contains a precision altimeter and a wide range vertical speed indicator. The altimeter conforms to ANSI standard atmosphere rules from –700 ft up to a maximum of 30,000 ft. The altimeter includes an encoding serial RS232 output AS WELL AS a parallel Gillham code output for direct connection to mode-C transponders. The altimeter can display altitude in feet or meters, local pressure can be set in millibars or inches of mercury
The onboard VSI indicator is altitude compensated and can be displayed in either feet/minute (ft/min) or meters/second (m/s). It also offers a digital readout with a wide range from +/-20 ft/min to as high as +/-10 000 ft/min, it also offers a logarithmic analog display with a +/-2000 ft range. The VSI can be calibrated by the user once the instrument has been installed in the aircraft.
In addition the ALT-4 provides an OAT sender which is used in the determining the density altitude of the aircraft. The ALT-1 can also be used to measure relative altitude as well as it has a facility for the pilot to enter a reference altitude and deviation band that has to be kept.
- Precision altimeter from –700 ft up to a maximum of 30,000 ft
- Provides a transponder-compatible serial RS232 output and a parallel Gillham code (gray code) output
- The altimeter can display altitude in feet or meters, local pressure can be set in millibars or inches of mercury.
- Contains a wide range VSI indicator from +/-20 ft/min to as high as +/-10 000 ft/min
- VSI units can be in feet/minute (ft/min) or in meters/second (m/s)
- Records the maximum and minimum OAT (outside air temperature) and maximum altitude reached in permanent memory
- Records maximum and minimum OAT in temporary memory since instrument power up