Spark EVO 2 Composite ARF, BTB Scheme, by Krill Models
During a process of new Evolution, Krill Models focused on F3A FAI sequence P-15 and F-15 which are going to be flown in 2014-2016.
The goal was to increase rudder authority and redesign the shape of the fuselage (new canopy with a canaliser, new motor cowl and new rudder), and increased aileron response. All these changes were done to improve knife edge flight and snap rolls (F-15) Important was a development of canaliser, which is to be used on Spark for the first time. Krill has tested multiple different wing designs and shapes before deciding on this one. It was a long way, but you will be convinced they reached the best set up.
KRILL MODEL is introducing a revolutionary cooling system for “classic”el. motors and also for motors with gear boxes. One "A" air nozzle is for cooling the speed controller also. The “AIRBOX” is very effective and combined with a low weight (12gr), it is a must for F3A models.
A short comparison Evo I and Evo II and differences from other F3A planes:
- Ailerons are center hinged – no more ail. Differential and whistle during flight
- AIRBOX – a unique box developed for motor cooling (special order only). It can be integrated into a new cowl
- New elevator – smaller, new shape and airfoil
- New wing with more effective, central hinged ailerons
- Optional use of counter rotating props
- Very fine rudder authority
- Absolutely straight knife edge flight