Trade-in EDM-760 to an EDM-790 for indicator only, JP Instruments
Does not apply to GEM trade in. (Use original wire harness & EGT/CHT/TIT probes)
Configuration & Option questionnaire must be completed prior to shipping
Package Includes: Display w/Harness, EGT & CHT Probes w/Harness, Pilots Guide, USB Stick
ALL EDM SYSTEMS are TSO’d and FEATURE:
- LeanFind (tm) Performs ROP and LOP, automatically finds the first and last cylinder to peak
- Shock cooling checked on all cylinders with an alarm on the cylinder with the highest cooling rate
- Voltage, For alternator failure, monitored for over and under voltage with alarms
- Pilot Programmable Hi & Lo alarm limits. ALL programming from front panel
- All EDM’s TSO’d for quality with a 3 yr. Warranty on the Electronics
- Quick response probes, fastest accurate readings, pre-made harness and hardware
- Data Memory, reading once every 2 to 255 seconds
- EZPlot-1 program for plotting and downloading data
- USB download port built in with memory stick (730/830/790/900 Only)
- Full color TFT screen 4 inches Diagonal (730/830/790/900 Only)
The Engine Data Management 790 system is the most advanced and accurate twin piston engine-monitoring instrument on the market. TSO’d for quality, the EDM 790 is not just another black box along for the ride. It is a Flight Engineer and Maintenance Manager.
- EGT 4 or 6 probes & CHT 4 or 6 probes
- Shock cooling
- Span (highest to lowest EGT)
- EGT Normalize mode
- LOP/ROP function
- Power connector
- All required Harness 20 ft
- EZTrends Graphing Software free
- Serial Data recording -25 hours
- 3 year Warranty
- FAA Approved under TSO-C43B, DO-160C, DO-178B Level C & STC, SA 2586 NM
- Size 3-1/8 in panel mount 7.5 deep. Weight: 1 LB.
- Standard Functions: LeanFind, EGT/CHT, Shock Cooling, Voltage, Differential EGT, Normalize, Long term data module for Data Logging and TIT (if applicable for Engine).
- Optional Functions: Fuel Flow, Oil Temperature 1 & 2, Turbine Inlet 2 (TIT-2), Outside Air (OAT) and Carburetor Temperature (CRB).
The Engine Data Management 790 system is the most advanced and accurate twin piston engine-monitoring instrument on the market. TSO’d for quality, the EDM 790 is not just another black box along for the ride. It is a Flight Engineer … a Maintenance Manager … For the price there is nothing that gets close to it. You can almost think of the EDM 790 as your personal flight engineer. It’s always there, working in the background, constantly watching over your engine while you concentrate on flying the aircraft. You can make an entire flight without ever pushing a button, if you so choose. Yet your EDM will be monitoring your engine parameters three times a second and will warn you instantly if any parameter exceeds the programmed limit.
Accuracy and Resolution, are two of the most misunderstood terms in instrumentation. Because an instrument displays 1 degree increments (resolution) does not mean it is accurate to 1 degree. JPI’s accuracy comes from its linearized thermocouples. Other’ put and estimating straight line through the center of the thermocouple calibration “S” curve. With this method the instrument is accurate at only three points along as the the straight line crosses the “S” curve. Therefore errors of +/- 10′ are quite possible while still displaying in 1degree resolution. Our competition is advertising +/- 1/2′ accuracy at full scale. This would mean that =/-1/2′ of 2000′ (full scale) is +/- 10′; there is a big difference. JPI has found nothing in the Aviation market that compares to our linearized accuracy.
Using the latest microprocessor technology, the EDM will monitor up to twenty-four critical parameters in your engine, four times a second, with a linearized thermocouple accuracy of better than 0.1 percent or 2 F° which has been verified and tested by the FAA and thus TSO’d (Technical Standard Order). the EDM is constantly “red-line” checking all 29 critical parameters (not 16) that are automatically checked FOUR TIMES A SECOND, regardless of current display status.
Two buttons address ALL the programming functions of the EDM. Leaning is accomplished quickly and automatically using the LeanFind™ procedure. With the EDM it is now possible to have substantially more diagnostic information available to you in a timely and usable manner.
Consider the Advantage:
- Computer Assisted Diagnostics for troubleshooting entire system from the cockpit. Problem codes are displayed.
- All programming done from the Front Panel, using two simple buttons.
- 29 Alarms, including EGT Differential, Alternator Voltage, Fuel Flow and Shock Cooling.
- Variable Scaling of EGT Bar Graph.
- LeanFind™ Mode automatically identifies the first and last cylinder to peak and PeakFind™ with quick responding probes, automatically captures the EGT or TIT peak value.
- Data Port, True memory, is included FREE within each EDM (competition,s UBG-16 sells for $375 in a second add on box). This memory will permit down loading of data from the EDM to a laptop or Palm® computer. Palm® software is free on the JPI web site. Record interval is adjustable from 2 to 500 seconds or 25 to 1000 hrs. Records 26 functions not 16 like UGB-16. Record rate 2 to 255 seconds.
- Fuel Flow option, the only graphic engine monitor with a complete fuel flow system. FAA approved for all EDMs including 9 cylinder Twins. This format frees up valuable panel space.
- Resolution, all temperatures display in ONE degree ( note, even EGT) Pilot selectable to display in oC or oF. OAT option can be in oC or oF.
- JPI’s well known “Grounded” fast response probes for quick accurate leaning.
- Shock cooling, cooling rate checked on each and every cylinder. Maximum cooling rate shown in degrees per minute. Dot over column identifies cylinder with highest cooling rate. The UBG-16 checks only ONE cylinder on a 6 cylinder engine.
- Normalize Mode for accurate trend monitoring. Bars are in 10o increments.
- Alphanumeric scanning display of 29 functions or channels not 16 like UGB-16.
- Bus voltage Detects voltage loss due to alternator failure. IFR must. Free on all EDM’s, Optional on UBG-16
- Oil temperature option in one degree increments and checked against an upper and lower limit.
- TSO’d for Quality and Reliability with FAA, STC approved Fuel Flow. None of the competition is TSO’d. TSO quality permits JPI to offer a Three year Warranty.