Twin Engine Data Monitor 760 System, 4 Cylinder, JP Instruments
Configuration & Option questionnaire must be completed prior to shipping
Package Includes: Display w/Harness, EGT & CHT Probes w/Harness, Pilots Guide
ALL EDM SYSTEMS are TSO’d and FEATURE:
- LeanFind (tm) Performs ROP and LOP, automatically finds the first and last cylinder to peak
- Shock cooling checked on all cylinders with an alarm on the cylinder with the highest cooling rate
- Voltage, For alternator failure, monitored for over and under voltage with alarms
- Pilot Programmable Hi & Lo alarm limits. ALL programming from front panel
- All EDM’s TSO’d for quality with a 3 yr. Warranty on the Electronics
- Quick response probes, fastest accurate readings, pre-made harness and hardware
- Data Memory, reading once every 2 to 255 seconds
- EZPlot-1 program for plotting and downloading data
- USB download port built in with memory stick (730/830/790/900 Only)
- Full color TFT screen 4 inches Diagonal (730/830/790/900 Only)
The Engine Data Management 760 system is the most advanced and accurate piston engine-monitoring instrument on the market. TSO’d for quality, the EDM 760 is not just another black box along for the ride. It is a Flight Engineer … a Maintenance Manager … a Backup Instrument. For the price there is nothing that gets close to it. You can almost think of the EDM 760 as your personal flight engineer. It’s always there, working in the background, constantly watching over your engine while you concentrate on flying the aircraft. You can make an entire flight without ever pushing a button, if you so choose. Yet your EDM will be monitoring your engine parameters three times a second and will warn you instantly if any parameter exceeds the programmed limit.
Standard Functions of the EDM-760
- EGT 4 or 6 probes
- CHT 4 or 6 probes
- Shock cooling on ALL cylinders
- Span (highest to lowest EGT)
- EGT Normalize mode
- LOP/ROP function
- Power connector
- All required Harnesses 20 ft
- EZTrends Charting and download Software free
- Charting and download Software free
- Serial Data recording -25 hours
- 3 year Warranty
Optional Functions of the EDM-760
- Fuel Flow (USED per engine, Remaining, GPH, Total fuel USED both engines, Endurance, GPS destination)
- Oil Temperature
- CARB Temperature
- Download box with Memory stick
- USB built-in with Memory stick
Accuracy and Resolution, are two of the most misunderstood terms in instrumentation. Because an instrument displays 1 degree increments (resolution) does not mean it is accurate to 1 degree. JPI’s accuracy comes from its linearized thermocouples. Other’ put and estimating straight line through the center of the thermocouple calibration “S” curve. With this method the instrument is accurate at only three points along as the the straight line crosses the “S” curve. Therefore errors of +/- 10′ are quite possible while still displaying in 1degree resolution. Our competition is advertising +/- 1/2′ accuracy at full scale. This would mean that =/-1/2′ of 2000′ (full scale) is +/- 10′; there is a big difference. JPI has found nothing in the Aviation market that compares to our linearized accuracy.
Using the latest microprocessor technology, the EDM will monitor up to twenty-four critical parameters in your engine, four times a second, with a linearized thermocouple accuracy of better than 0.1 percent or 2 F° which has been verified and tested by the FAA and thus TSO’d (Technical Standard Order). the EDM is constantly “red-line” checking all 29 critical parameters (not 16) that are automatically checked FOUR TIMES A SECOND, regardless of current display status.
Two buttons address ALL the programming functions of the EDM. Leaning is accomplished quickly and automatically using the LeanFind™ procedure. With the EDM it is now possible to have substantially more diagnostic information available to you in a timely and usable manner.
Consider the Advantage:
- Computer Assisted Diagnostics for troubleshooting entire system from the cockpit. Problem codes are displayed.
- All programming done from the Front Panel, using two simple buttons.
- 29 Alarms, including EGT Differential, Alternator Voltage, Fuel Flow and Shock Cooling.
- Variable Scaling of EGT Bar Graph.
- LeanFind™ Mode automatically identifies the first and last cylinder to peak and PeakFind™ with quick responding probes, automatically captures the EGT or TIT peak value.
- Data Port, True memory, is included FREE
- Fuel Flow option, the only graphic engine monitor with a complete fuel flow system. FAA approved for all EDMs including 9 cylinder Twins. This format frees up valuable panel space.
- Resolution, all temperatures display in ONE degree ( note, even EGT) Pilot selectable to display in oC or oF. OAT option can be in oC or oF.
- JPI’s well known “Grounded” fast response probes for quick accurate leaning. See Web page for results.
- Shock cooling, cooling rate checked on each and every cylinder. Maximum cooling rate shown in degrees per minute. Dot over column identifies cylinder with highest cooling rate.
- Normalize Mode for accurate trend monitoring. Bars are in 10o increments.
- Alphanumeric scanning display of 29 functions or channels not 16 like UGB-16.
- Bus voltage Detects voltage loss due to alternator failure. IFR must. Free on all EDM’s Option on UBG-16
- Oil temperature option in one degree increments and checked against an upper and lower limit.
- TSO’d for Quality and Reliability with FAA, STC approved Fuel Flow. None of the competition is TSO’d. TSO quality permits JPI to offer a Three year Warranty.