Icom IC-A14 Handheld COM TransceiverEasy to Use, Rugged and Compact with Icom's “V Speed” Audio!
700mW* loud audio
Because air band radios are usually operated in high-noise environments, it is essential for the radio to provide loud and clear audio. The IC-A14/S series employs a BTL amplifier that doubles the audio output, offering loud and clear audio that’ll cut through cabin or tarmac noise.
* Internal speaker only
Full keypad type or Simple keypad type
The IC-A14 full keypad type allows you to input the channel or frequency directly and has an exclusive button for the 121.5MHz emergency channel. The IC-A14 receives NAV and WX channels. The IC-A14S simple keypad type provides simpler operation with a minimum of buttons that is suitable for ground crews.
Compact, light weight and rugged body
The IC-A14/S series is compact (only 120mm tall) and light weight (approx. 350g including antenna and BP-232H). The water resistant construction, equivalent to IPX4, provides reliable operation in wet conditions.
Large capacity Lithium-Ion battery pack
With the 2300mAh large capacity Lithium-Ion battery pack, BP-232H, the IC-A14/S series provides stable output power and 18 hours long (approx.) operating time*. The BP-261, battery case takes 6 AA (LR6) alkaline cells for convenient battery backup.
* Typical operation, Tx:Rx: Stand-by=5:5:90.
200 channels with memory banks
A total of 200* memory channels can be named with an 8-character channel name for easy recognition. For fast and simple operation, these channels can be grouped into 10 memory banks*.
* IC-A14 only. The IC-A14S has 100 memory channels and memory banks are not available.
BC-179 holder type battery charger
The battery charger, BC-179, securely holds and charges the radio, even in bumpy conditions. The cigarette lighter cable, CP-22, can be used with the BC-179.
Other outstanding features
Included in the Box
- 5W typ. (PEP), 1.5W (CW) output power
- Side tone function allows you to hear your own voice via a third party aviation headset
- LCD backlight for night time operation
- ANL (Auto Noise Limiter) for noise reduction
- Low battery indication and beep alert
- Adjustable microphone gain setting
- BNC type antenna connector
- Li-Ion Battery Pack, 7.4V 2000 mAh, BP-232H or battery case, BP-261*
- Battery charger, BC-179*
- AC adapter, BC-174A/E*
- Belt clip, MB-94
- Antenna, FA-B02AR
* Depending on version