KLR 10 Lift Reserve Indicator Kit, by Bendix King
with Probe Choice, 9" Square Mount Plate & Standard Indicator Mount
Optional Indicator Mounts Available in the Related Items Section
Call for Strut Mount, Cirrus & Maule Probe Mount Options
The easiest stall to recover is the one that never happens. The KLR 10 Reserve Indicator provides at-a-glance awareness and audible cues of remaining lift, in an easy-to-install, easy-to-read device that’s ready for your certified and experimental aircraft. Mounted on the glare shield, it’s at eye-level, exactly where you need it. Helping you takeoff with confidence. Grease more landings. And fly with better Angle of Attack.
FACTS ON THE FLY:
BETTER ANGLE OF ATTACK. BETTER SAFETY ALL AROUND.
- Inadvertent stalls are implicated in almost half of the GA approach and descent accidents
- 60% of all stalls happen during takeoff and landing
- Lift reserve is the actual safety margin above a stall
- A plane’s lift is unique to its Angle of Attack
- An airplane stalls when it goes above the critical Angle of Attack
Did you know that an aircraft will stall at the same Angle of Attack (AOA), whereas indicated airspeed will vary? Having an on-board sensor that measures AOA increases safety, particularly in high-AOA, low-speed flight regimes such as landing or maximum performance climbs. The KLR 10 is designed to provide you with clear indication to the wing’s available lift reserve. It alerts you with visual and audible cues well in advance of traditional stall warning systems. So you takeoff safely. You land safely. And you enjoy your flight.
THE KLR 10 ADVANTAGE
- An aircraft will stall at the same AOA, whereas indicated airspeed will vary
- By changing the AOA, you can control lift, airspeed and drag
- AOA is now used to provide an accurate account of the wing’s available “lift reserve”
- The KLR 10 increases safety, especially during high AOA, low-speed flight regimes such as landing and maximum performance climbs
- Lightweight, Low-cost, easy installation with low power consumption
- Accurate and instantaneous displays of lift reserve, which is the safety margin above a stall
- Visual and audible cues alert you of decaying lift much earlier than traditional warning systems
- Allows for quick and timely reactions
- Independent of pilot-static systems, so it can be used even if the existing air-data system is compromised by ice, water or other contaminants
- Optional heated probe