Halon 1211 Fire Extinguisher, 1.3 lb Agent Weight, with Gauge, Includes Bracket, Rechargeable, UL Rated 2B:C, Protection RT
10 in.h x 2.6 in. dia
Its small size and pressure gauge, make this 1.3 pound Halon 1211 fire extinguisher a popular general aviation choice. Recommended for 1-4 person aircraft.
- High strength steel cylinder meets DOT requirements
- Industrial quality metal valve & siphon tube
- Low temperature operation to -65°F
- Non-corrosive and non-conductive.
- No impairment of operator's vision.
- Nitrogen propellant, Halon 1211 Agent.
- "Clean Agent Extinquisher" – Gas evaporates leaving no damaging powder residue
- 6 year maintenance
- UL Listed
** UL Rating
Underwriters Laboratories (UL) classifies and rates fire extinguishers on their ability to put out various types and sizes of fires (see chart below). Using a given fire type and size as a benchmark, UL tests an extinguisher and assigns a numerical rating before the letter classification to denote the size of a given type of fire that an extinguisher can put out. For example, a 5B:C fire extinguisher has 2.5 times the firefighting capacity against a flammable liquid and/or electrical fire as a 2B:C extinguisher. (Note: "C" class fire extinguishers do not carry a numeric rating. the presence of the letter "C" simply indicates that the extinguishing agent is non-conductive.)
|A||Wood, paper, cloth, etc|
|B||Flammable liquids and gasses|
|C||Live electrical equipment|
|K||Cooking oils and fats|