- Scale detail & scheme based on Pat Hartness' full-sized J-3 Cub
- Bolts together in less than one hour - no gluing required
- Extremely lightweight, state-of-the-art all-wood construction
- Factory-painted airfoil-shaped aluminum wing struts
- Strong, lightweight scale landing gear with simulated bungees
- Covered in exclusive Hangar 9 UltraCote
- Fiberglass cowl includes prepainted molded-in dummy engine
- Easy-to-transport 2-piece wing and tail sections.
The Piper J-3 Cub was the most popular commercial aircraft of the 1930's. Barely seven yards long and instantly recognizable in its yellow-and-black paint scheme, this nostalgic favorite became the foremost trainer of the era, eventually training 80% of the United States military pilots by the end of World War II. A new Cub was rolling off the assembly line nearly every 20 minutes, and many of these beloved airplanes are still around today.
Hangar 9's new .40 size Piper J-3 Cub ARF captures the classic scale lines and smooth flight performance of its grandfather, a full-scale Cub owned by Pat Hartness, whose Triple Tree Aerodrome hosts the annual Joe Nall and Don Lowe Masters RC Events.
Constructed from top quality balsa and lite-ply materials and showing off a vibrant Cub Yellow UltraCote scheme, this scale Cub will provide aviation buffs with hours of sport-flying fun.