California and Illinois Customers Subject to Sales Tax
- Unique looks and subject matter that will make it stand out at the flying field
- Shines while doing 3D aerobatics thanks to light and rigid airframe
- Thin wings help it achieve great top speed
- Tremendous flying enveloped as the result of balanced design
- Easy engine access through 2-piece cowl
- Plywood, balsa construction
- Wheel pants and cowl: Fiberglass
- Colors: True red, black and gold UltraCote™
- Hardware included: Yes
- Hinges: Pre-installed as well all blind nuts
- Canopy helmet: Provided
- Plane accepts tuned pipe, canisters or mufflers
- Two-piece top and bottom wing
Now thanks to Hangar 9 modelers looking for a simply spectacular aerobatic performer can fly their very own “Beast” with this highly accurate 33% scale version that has been designed jointly by Quique Somenzini and Kevin Kimball, builder and designer of the full scale Beast.
This stunning model features a rugged balsa and plywood construction with carbon wing tubes, pre-fabricated landing gear, pre-painted fiberglass cowling and wheel spats. It’s accurate in every detail including the striking UltraCote™ covering and Beast color scheme complete with Horizon Hobby sponsorship decals, exactly like the full-size.
Although a large model by any standard, Hangar 9’s photo illustrated assembly guide along with top quality giant-scale hardware ensure that the model can be assembled easily and more important, accurately! With its lightweight and rigid design, the Beast is a highly competent performer flying either 3-D or precise aerobatics and is perfect for freestyle flying and unlimited IMAC competition. Aimed at advanced to expert pilots, this impressive scale biplane flies with all the great characteristics and presence of a bi-plane, but with the lighter feel of a monoplane. Designed to be powered by a 100cc gas engine and have performance to match the full-size, this amazing model will once again set the standard for aerobatic bi-planes.
The full size BEAST is an absolutely stunning aerobatic biplane that delivers the kind of performance to quite literally take your breath away!
The BEAST was designed and built with two goals in mind; to be light weight coupled with a greater than 1:1 thrust to weight ratio. In these aspects alone this aircraft is something very special. It however also had to look awesome as well, creating an airplane that will be sought after for displays at air shows around the world. To that end the striking copyrighted color scheme was created by Mirco Pecorari of Italy and the “Beast” airframe and “Beast” paint scheme is a copyright of builder Kevin Kimball.
Some of the truly awesome specifications of this highly competent performer are, Length 19' 8", span 21', empty weight 1454 lb, gross weight, 2000 lb, fuel capacity 36 gallons, smoke capacity 12 gallons, top speed 220mph, Vne (velocity never to exceed)250 mph, stall 67 mph, roll rate 370 degree/second climb 4500 + FPM (feet per minute), with a take off roll at gross weight of 150ft. Custom features include carbon fiber and titanium components, and the engine is a 410 horse power engine by Barrett Precision Engines fitted with an MT 102" diameter propeller.
Wing Bag Set Features:
- This wing bag set (2) includes room for all of the components: wing tubes, struts, and upper and lower wings
- Made with Red and Black 600 Denier Nylon that is extremely durable and water resistant
- Shoulder straps are spaced wide and at an angle providing perfect balance on your shoulder for comfort
- The zippers go around three sides so the wing can be inserted easily