Garmin GTR 200 Experimental/LSA COM Radio
Garmin GTR 200 - Powerful Features in a Small Package
- Includes: GTR 200, Installation rack, Connector kit/backplate, Manual
- Best-in-class, all-in-1 radio and stereo intercom solution
- Powerful 10 W Comm with a slim 1.35” tall design and large sunlight-readable display
- Displays facility name and type when tuned to user-defined presets or supplied by compatible portables/G3X™
- Advanced audio panel features including 3D Audio and auto-squelch
- Advanced standby monitoring, crystal clear stereo input and input for system alerts
Gain More than Just a Comm
Designed specifically for light sport (LSA) and experimental aircraft, the GTR 200 combines powerful Comm capabilities with advanced workload-reducing features formerly only found in high-end certified systems. Its slim 1.35” tall design allows you to make the most of limited space in your panel while 10 W of transmit power helps ensure solid communications between you and ATC or other aircraft in your vicinity. Information displays on the large, sunlight-readable display with brightness levels that can adjust automatically to the natural light level in the cockpit, or can be adjusted manually by the pilot. The GTR 200 offers 25 kHz channel spacing and utilizes a standard density 37-pin connector for easy installation.
Going above and beyond the call of duty of a traditional Comm, the GTR 200 includes a 2-place stereo intercom that is ideal for 2-seat aircraft; no additional hardware is required to communicate with your passenger. Advanced auto squelch automatically senses the noise level in the cockpit and adjusts the mic squelch for effortless intercom use regardless of the cockpit noise level. Pilot-configurable soft keys can provide 1-touch access to emergency frequency tuning, pilot audio isolation, saved frequencies list, music mute or push-to-talk. Plus, optional installed remote switches on the flight controls allow pilots to keep their hands on the controls while performing functions like swapping the active and standby frequencies.
Reduce Your Workload
Know exactly to whom you’re talking with the GTR 200. The device will display the facility name and type when you are tuning from one of the 20 user defined frequency preselects, or selecting a frequency from one of the nearest or flight plan airports (when transferred from a compatible Garmin aviation portable or G3X™ system). In addition, the GTR 200 automatically stores the 20 most recently accessed frequencies for easy retrieval. The 121.5 emergency frequency is also never more than a button press away; simply hold down the frequency swap button to tune it.
Enjoy Crystal-Clear Standby Frequency Monitoring
With its standby frequency monitoring feature, the GTR 200 gives you the ability to listen to ATIS while monitoring ATC. Swapping your active and standby frequencies is done with a single touch of a button or optionally installed switches on the controls. Even in single-radio aircraft, you’ll no longer have to worry about missing an ATC call or other critical transmission. 3D Audio capability separates the active and standby frequencies in your headset so it’s easier to differentiate between sources.
When Interfaced with G3X and compatible Garmin aviation portables:
- Active and standby flip-flop frequencies with location and type identifiers
- One-touch 121.5 emergency channel tuning
- Comm frequency monitor function (listens to standby while monitoring the active)
- 3D Audio separates active and standby frequencies as well as the intercom in headset
- Auto-squelch listens to the natural noise in the cockpit and automatically adjusts the squelch level
- Automatic display of the airport identifier and type after tuning a frequency from the user defined presets or a frequency list transferred from a compatible portable GPS or G3X system
- 10 W transmit power and 25 kHz spacing
- Large, sunlight readable display
- Total product footprint is 1.35” tall by 6.25” wide. Has only a 9.4” behind-the-panel depth including connectors (8” without connectors).
- Only 1.34 lbs. (1.91 lbs. with rack and connectors)
- Optionally installed switches allow remote control of frequency flip-flop and/or pilot/co-pilot squelch
- Volume control bar graph display
- High-visibility alphanumeric LCD display
- Built-in photocell for backlight control, or support for external 14V/28V lighting bus
- Backlit keypad controls
- Transmit status indicator
- Receive status indicators for both active and standby (when monitored)
- Monitor function enabled indicator
- Built-in, 2-place stereo voice activated intercom
- 2 mono and 1 stereo audio inputs for external systems alerts and music
- Stores/recalls 20 user defined frequencies with labels
- Stores/recalls previous 20 frequencies used
- Squelch test function
- Extensive installation assistance screens to make it easy to set up external audio sources to the correct level
- Stuck mic time-out; returns to receive mode to prevent frequency congestion
- 2 front panel-mounted, user-defined softkeys to assign to frequently used functions such as music on/off and pilot isolate. Can also be assigned to PTT to be used in case the installed PTT button or wiring fails.
- MicroSD™ card slot for easy software updates
- Mono/stereo headset detection
- Easy installation with a standard density 37-pin connector
- 14/28 V power
- Automatic transfer of airport frequency groups (ATIS, Ground, Tower, UNICOM, Departure, etc.) for each airport in the flight plan plus nearby airports as you fly. Each transferred frequency includes the location and type identifier for display on the radio after tuning. No GTR 200 database is required for this feature.
- 1-button access to airports in the flight plan and those near the aircraft