Designed for experimental and light sport (LSA) aircraft, the versatile GMA 240 audio panel brings flexibility and functionality to the cockpit at an affordable price. This non-TSO’d audio panel comes with many of the popular control and indication features found on the GMA 340, while excluding those functions not used in experimental and LSA operations — resulting in a remarkable cost savings to you.
Upgrade Your Intercom
The innovative, reliable GMA 240 comes with full audio panel capabilities. It includes a 4 place stereo intercom system and support for 2 stereo music inputs. It supports dual COM, NAV and AUX audio inputs. In addition, 3 unswitched audio alert inputs are provided for connection to external warning tones. The GMA 240 has a full-duplex telephone interface with intercom isolation for private telephone calls by the pilot or multi-party calls with crew and passengers.
Listen to Your Favorite Tunes
The GMA 240 really shines when it comes to music support:
- 2 differential, hi-fidelity stereo music source inputs
- Front panel music volume control, source selection and music on/off button
- Dedicated controls for music muting by intercom and selected radios
- Easy access mini-jack for media player, cellular phone, etc.
Connect up to 2 dedicated music sources to the rear connector (e.g. XM music and CD player) and over-ride one of those sources at any time by connecting a device (e.g. MP3 player) into the 2.5 mm front jack. Any selected music source’s volume can be controlled by pulling out the intercom volume/squelch knob. If connecting a GPSMAP 396/496 to the GMA 240, you can adjust the XM music volume directly from the GMA 240. And the multifunction phone/audio mini jack on the front lets you route cell phone calls or iPod/MP3/XM Radio players right through your aircraft headset — with selectable instant muting when radio transmissions are received from ATC.
Operate with Ease
The easy-to-use GMA 240 features convenient, LED-illuminated button controls for audio selection. Plus, to make the entire audio experience quieter and clearer, MASQ (Master Avionics Squelch) processing helps filter out unwanted radio static and interferences. The GMA 240 is designed to be an easy-fit installation for today’s most popular experimental/kitplane and LSA cockpits.
Unit: 6.29"W x 1.3"H x 7.12"D (16 x 3.3 x 18.1 cm)
Weight: 15.5 oz (440 g)
- Telephone interface: Dedicated full-duplex telephone interface. Input available at rear pins and front jack.
- ICS (intercom system): 4 position intercom (pilot, copilot, 2 passengers)
- ICS isolation modes: 2 - All, Pilot (or All, Crew)
- Transceivers: 2 - COM1, COM2
- Additional receiver inputs: 4 - NAV1, NAV2, AUX1, AUX2
- Music source input: 2 stereo music source inputs - selection is heard by all
- Music input impedance: 600 Ohms
- Music frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Speaker output: no
- Marker beacon: no
- Manual squelch: yes
- Automatic squelch: no
- Volume controls (independent pilot, copilot and passenger controls): yes
- Manual VOX level controls: yes
- MASQ (masq processing for noise development): yes
- Split com (CoPilot transmits and receives on Com2 while Pilot transmits and receives on Com1): no
- Failsafe (connects Pilot PTT, mic and headset to COM1 if unit is turned off): yes
- Clearance recorder: no