Insight Engine Monitor G3/G4 for 4 or 6 cylinder Singles & TwinsG3-G4 size and depth for panel planning - Click HereG3-G4 How-To and Support Documentation - Click HereG3-G4 Order Forms: Twin Engine - Click Here / Single Engine - Click Here
Now TSO/STC Approved - Fits Most Applications
Designing a next generation instrument is a huge responsibility. You need to be forward thinking, anticipate current and future needs, applying leading edge technology if you want your design to last. You do not get away with adding a few more features or a few more measurements to the screen. Designing a new generation instrument requires a clean sheet approach. You can not fall back on old ideas or repeat past performances. Sometimes that’s the hardest part, because things you create are a part of you.
The most interesting, challenging and valuable innovations come from solving the tougher problems. The old saying “The impossible takes a little longer” is largely true. Much of the value you create in a new product comes from the impossible column.
A System Approach
The original GEM was a solitary player. The new G3-G4 will operate standalone too but will also interface with other data sources and report information to other instruments like MFD’s. All of the devices the G3-G4 connects to today didn’t exist in ’79. The G3-G4 is also designed to expand and grow with the times. Less than half of its true potential has been released at this time. The instrument can be updated to acquire new features by loading the SD card via the internet. The G3-G4 update takes only a second while the instrument remains mounted in the airplane.
An Easy Upgrade
A key requirement of the G3-G4 design was compatibility with previous GEM’s. We strive to never leave our loyal customers behind. Packing all the functionality of the G3-G4 in package half the size of the original GEM took us to the limit of our patience many times but it was worth it. Fortunately its amazingly compact circuits will be built by robotic machines because most of the parts are too small to handle and too difficult to be seen by eye. Products like the modern cell phone have driven the electronic assembly technology we use a long way.
GEM Series G3-G4 - Now with Vibration Analysis
- Featuring a bright full color display it offers numerous screens of new functionality previously unavailable anywhere.
- Vibration spectrum analysis, propeller balance, probe diagnosis and take-off performance monitoring are among the new features.
- While the original lean screen is gone a vastly improved screen replaces it with special functionality for lean of peak operation.
- G3 logs data to readily available SD digital camera cards. A low cost card will store decades of flight data.
The new G3-G4
writes PC compatible files and directories so no special software is required to process or transfer data. Its extensive data log files include flight data from Insight’s TAS-1000 air data system and nav info from your GPS.
Despite its enormous capabilities the G3-G4
is a compact size and plug-compatible replacement for all previous GEMs. Insight offers a generous GEM trade-in to make upgrades easy.
Single/Twin Engine - Normally Aspirated or Turbo-Charged with SD Data Card for 4 or 6 Cylinder
ALL G3-G4 UNITS ARE FACTORY CALIBRATED.
The G3-G4 combines all the ergonomic advantages of the original GEM 602/603/610 with greatly enhanced capabilities including:Bright bold LCD color display with many screens, and dozens of new functions
- 100 times the power of the previous generation
- 100 thousand times the data log space (Never run out of space)
- Engine vibration measurement and analysis
- Specialized analysis for propeller balance, turbulence and even landing shock
- Integrates, logs data from G3-G4, TAS Air Data and GPS for the complete picture
- SD Card stores all engine, air, winds aloft and fuel data (No more lost data)
- Entire aircraft life history directly on SD card in PC compatible form
- Specific functionality for safe Lean of Peak operation with no detonation
- Oil Temperature and Pressure
- Manifold Pressure, Fuel Flow and RPM
- Carburetor and Alternator Temperature
- Fully compatible with GEM 602, 603 and 610 Installations (Easy Upgrade)
- Buss Voltage