No cell signal? No problem!
The award-winning SPOT Connect turns today's leading smartphones and mobile devices like iPad into a satellite communicator. SPOT Connect provides connectivity to global communication satellites for sending location-based custom messages from remote regions around the world even far beyond cellular coverage.Key Features
- Send messages from virtually anywhere via satellite
- Type & Send message (41 character) or Predefined message (120 character) options*
- Track Progress on Google Maps™ or SPOT Adventures page*
- Integrates with SPOTadventures.com and popular social destinations
- Smartphone app for operation and detailed status
- On device SOS button for standalone emergency operation
- SOS: Activate the SOS mode to begin sending your GPS location to the GEOS International Emergency Response Coordination Center (IERCC). Add a custom message to update responders of your condition. The IERCC alerts the appropriate agencies worldwide – for example contacting 9-1-1 responders in North America and 1-1-2 responders in Europe.
- Help: Use the Help mode to send either custom Type & Send or Predefined messages to recipients in your contact list for non-life threatening assistance.
- Check-in/OK: Use Check-in/OK mode to send your messages and your location to friends and family. These messages can also be simultaneously sent to your Facebook and Twitter accounts. Your waypoint is stored in your SPOT account for later reference. Your stored waypoints can be easily integrated into a SPOT Shared Page or SPOT Adventures account.
- Track Progress: Start/stop tracking at any time using the SPOT Connect App. (Additional service required). You can also mark a Reference Point or send Check-in/OK messages from specific locations while in Track Progress mode.
- Type & Send: Use SPOT Connect to send custom email and text messages via satellites to your contacts. Create up to 41 character SOS, Help and Check-in/OK messages. Messages will be sent directly to the contact groups you select via email or SMS. You can even post custom messages on Twitter and Facebook. If you encounter problems, you can send custom SOS messages describing your situation, with your GPS position included.
- Social Networks: Don't lose the connection to your social networks when you venture off the cellular grid. SPOT Connect with the basic service package enables you to send Predefined messages to your favorite social destinations. The Type & Send function allows you to create short custom messages in the field, which you can send to social destinations or specific contacts via email or text message.
A Basic Service Satellite Subscription is required to use SPOT Connect. SPOT Connect utilizes proven SPOT technology to notify others of one's GPS location coordinates and current status. By sending a message to the satellite network, the user's selected contacts will receive a custom Type and Send or Predefined message delivered as an SMS text message or email. SPOT Connect messages contain the user's latitude and longitude, date, time stamp and a link to Google Maps™. Established SPOT message features include Check-in/OK, Help, SPOT Assist, SOS and automated Track Progress. By simply downloading the SPOT Connect App, SPOT Connect wirelessly synchs via Bluetooth® with Apple® iOS devices including iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or with many Android devices. The SPOT satellite message features are initiated directly from the app's intuitive user interface.
Custom messages can now be composed and sent on-the-go. Store up to 14 Predefined messages and 10 personal contact groups consisting of up to 50 contacts each. Additionally, the SPOT Connect App enables non-GPS enabled mobile devices to act as a satellite messenger utilizing SPOT Connect's onboard GPS and satellite transmitter. You can even send location-based messages to Facebook, Twitter and SPOT Adventures from isolated regions such as mountainous terrain and areas off-shore. In a critical emergency, the message SOS mode will notify an international emergency response center of your location and need for immediate help.
Managing Your SPOT Connect: Once your subscription is activated at www.findmespot.com, you will have your own on-line account to manage optional services, personal contacts, messages and emergency information. The first time you use SPOT Connect, you'll need to log into the SPOT Connect app to sync your account information with the app. Other changes you perform within the account will be pushed to the smartphone app when you are within cellular or Wi-Fi range.