Click Here Download the Instruction Manual
The CARF-Models Extra 300 2.6m – probably one of the most sold items ever. Everything started with the classic 3m sized Extra 300 S design, scaled down to 2.6m to make it more affordable to a larger number of aerobatic enthusiasts without loosing much flight performance compared to the 40%. We put a lot of new input into that design, like the flat wingspar instead of a tube and changing it to the large canopy of the "300 L" to improve the knife-edge a little bit. That totally made sense in times, where only the 100cc twins were a reasonable choice for that size of airplane.
Times have changed now – the 85cc single-cylinder engines are delivering almost the same power than a 100cc twin and are so much more affordable! And because that’s still the main reason to go with a 2.6m plane, CARF had to make some changes: Most modelers are running their single cylinder engines like the popular DA-85, the 3W-85 or the ZDZ Super-80 on a tuned pipe to get the same power than a 100cc twin on canisters. A common and reasonable choice, but really a problem with the old flat wing-spar to fit in the fuselage. Well, the development team at CARF-Models always stays in contact with decent pilots, who tell us about the newest trends. And so it was an easy decision to get back to the roots with a wing tube to make the new Extra 300SX 2.6m fully compatible to the 85cc singles.
CARF also changed the canopy to the SX-version. There are two reasons: First, it makes the airframe lighter without loosing too much side area - still keeping the knife-edge performance terrific - and second, they were just so amazed by Patty Wagstaff’s full-scale Extra, that CARF decided to offer her famous design in cooperation with her.
So far so good – let’s take a closer look at the special features of this kit:
- Regarding the landing gear of our 300SX, CARF didn’t make experiments, it was just made to be solid and strong. You have to do a lot to break that. But even if you do so – ordering the spare parts with the CARF website was never as easy as it is right now. It takes you exactly three bolts to exchange it. Quite simple, isn’t it? And as an additional feature, the 300SX kit contains some beautiful fibreglass leg cuffs to make it look even further like the original.
- The engine dome is now part of the fuselage and 30 mm shorter to mount longer engines without having trouble. While saving weight of course, it also helps to make the whole structure a lot stiffer – an important point if you’re thinking of using one of the popular and affordable 85cc class single cylinder engines. With a full-composite airframe, you don’t have to be scared about vibration issues. The plane will be as stiff and strong even after hundreds of flights. Guaranteed.
- Like mentioned before, weight was saved with the new "SX"-design. That’s the reason it went back to the single-seat version of the 300, because large canopies always have a lot of weight. And with your choice of modern, state-of-the-art engines and RC-components, the airplane will be light and powerful enough that there’s definitly no need anymore for the large canopy. The knife-edge-performance is terrific, you won’t miss anything.
- As always on our 2.6m planes, all the linkage accessories are included in the kit. We’re using high quality phenolic material, which is really hard to get sloppy. You’ll find everything you need in the hardware-bag.
How is the flight performance? Well, that plane doesn’t only carry the name of an Extra – like so many designs of our competitors – it also really LOOKS like an Extra. That’s why you need a little coupling (5-8 %) to make the knife-edge straight. Just set the coupling in your transmitter and forget about it. It will be always active like a part of the airplane – and you’ll don’t even know that it’s there after a while. Guaranteed. That’s the only bad thing about the low wing position. The good thing is, that it usually makes positive harriers a lot more stable, and that’s a point, where many airplanes are failing.
We don’t have to tell you, that you’ll get the most modern, state-of-the-art 3D machine when purchasing an Extra 300SX and of course even the craziest freestyle-maneuvers can be flown with it.
And it will be a great choice for IMAC, too. Especially if you are "new in the business" you will enjoy the low price of a 2.6m design without having significant disadvantages.
Last, but not least, the 300SX fits very well in the gap between our 2.6m Extra 260 and the 2.6m Yak 55SP, which both are featuring very extreme styles of flying: While the 260 has quite an aerodynamic shape and can get kind of fast if you push the throttle stick to the top, flying the Yak is like driving with the brakes still set. With the 300SX you are exactly in the middle of those styles. A good way to start with.
Order your 300SX today and you’ll get possibly the best allrounder in its class for a really good value.Visit CARF at www.carf-models.com
- Wingspan: 102" (2600 mm)
- Length: 89" (2250 mm)
- Weight: 22 - 25.25 Lbs (10 - 11.5 kg) dry
- Engine: 75-100cc
- Servos: 7-8 high power digital servos