Portable Collision Avoidance System (PCAS™)
PCAS XRX is the world's first and only stand-alone portable device to sense aircraft direction from within the cockpit. XRX displays "3-D View" quadrant bearing information, as well as relative altitude and range, all from inside the cockpit and without the need for external antenna arrays.
The detection window is scalable with a maximum range of NM, and altitude of ±2500 feet. The tiny unit is only 3.9" (100mm) wide, 3.6" (93mm) deep, and 2.7" (69mm) tall. The majority of the height is for the enclosed antenna array. XRX tracks up to 10 aircraft and displays the top three threats with all three axis of information. Close traffic is announced by two levels of voice alerts.
Following in the footsteps of previous models, the traffic information accuracy is the best in the industry. Range is accurate to 0.2 NM on average, and altitude to ±200 ft. The unit displays the local squawk code, altitude, and bearing. The easy-to-read LCD display boasts large numerals and EL backlighting for night operation. All parameters are controlled by an easy-to-use menu system.
XRX includes many built-in sensors for razor-sharp accuracy, including a pressure altimeter for relative altitude accuracy, a solid-state 16-point compass for bearing accuracy, a solid-state attitude and bank sensor for bearing accuracy, temperature compensators and overtemp protection for accuracy in any environment. The unit also monitors aircraft bus voltage and host transponder operations and is powered through aircraft power (12-40 V compatible). All traffic data is output through a built-in RS-232 data port. An installable upgrade will also be available.
- Tiny, unobtrusive size (3.9" x 3.6" x 2.7")
- Digital range, scalable from 6NM to 1NM
- Relative altitude, scalable from ±2500 ft to ±500 ft, with ascending/ descending indicator
- Metal or composite airframes
- Displays top three intruders
- A built-in altimeter, a built-in compass, and a built-in turn/bank sensor, and internal thermometer provide the highest, real-time accuracy available
- Completely portable
- Audio voice alerts for threats and advisories are included, with both Headset-Direct™ hookup and in-cabin output
- Built-in directional antenna
- Instant traffic updates with no delays
- "3-D" view Quadrant Direction, 45º increments
- Menu-driven interface, with selectable aircraft profiles and advanced calibration options
- Displays the local squawk code, altitude, bank angle, bearing and temperature
- RS-232 out for integration with other units.
- Dash-mount unit w/ integrated antenna
- Cigarette-lighter adapter
- Audio cable
- Velcro mounting dots
- Silicone "gripper" feet
- 75-page Owner's Manual
- Quick Guide
- Hard carrying case