Aspen Avionics specializes in bringing the most advanced technology and capability from the commercial and business aviation markets into General Aviation cockpits—and budgets. Aspen's products increase situational awareness and reduce pilot workload, making it even easier and safer to fly in both VFR and IFR conditions. Getting the latest avionics technology shouldn’t always mean spending a lot of money—on equipment or installation. At Aspen Avionics, product are designed to be affordable, easy to install, and easy to own.
- Solid-state Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS)
- Backup battery and emergency GPS with 30 minutes of backup time
- GPS flight plan map views, choose from 360º or Arc view
- Full electronic Horizontal Situation Indicator (HSI) with dual bearing pointers
- Electronic Attitude Director Indicator (ADI) with airspeed and altitude tapes
- Approach mode with lateral and vertical deviation indicators and approach minimums alert
- Integral GPS Steering(1)
- Altitude alerter
- Dual GPS and dual VHF nav support
- Autopilot & flight director integration
- Display of real-time winds aloft, OAT, TAS, and ground speed(1)
- Optional traffic and weather overlays
- Moving map that displays GPS flight plan legs, curved flight paths(1), waypoints, navaids and airports
- Brilliant, direct sunlight-readable, 6-inch 760x400 TFT active matrix LCD display (140 pixels/inch)
Evolution Hazard Awareness FeaturesLightning Detection
XM WX® Satellite Weather
- Control and display lightning data from WX500 Stormscope®
- Cell and strike modes
- RS-232 interface
- Compatible with Evolution Weather Receiver, and Heads Up Technologies XMD-076/A receivers
- Supports XM WX Satellite Weather aviation products (display capabilities vary by model)
- Data from single weather receiver can be displayed on up to three Aspen EFD displays
- Supports traffic systems with standard ARINC 735A outputs, including TIS-capable Mode S transponders
- Enhanced traffic system features and control available on MFD systems (features vary by manufacturer)
- Data from single traffic receiver can be displayed on up to three Aspen EFD displays
- Terrain and obstacle awareness display and database built into MFDs
The EFD1000 Pro PFD gives you all the major tools that help professional pilots fly safely and easily in instrument conditions, at a breakthrough price. The Pro has all the same great features as the Pilot PFD—integral ADAHRS, backup battery, emergency GPS, altitude alerter—plus a whole lot more.
The Horizontal Situation Indicator (HSI) integrates a course pointer and course deviation indicator (CDI) onto your slaved compass rose, and adds two bearing pointers that you can set to any VOR or GPS waypoint, for added situational awareness (and making DME arcs a breeze to fly!). Text information about your active waypoint is right there in front of you.
Arc mode is ideal for the en-route segment, showing your own ship at the bottom of the screen, your flight plan legs ahead of you, and nearby navaids and airports around you on a moving map. With optional software, you can even overlay datalink weather graphics and traffic on the map.
The Attitude Director Indicator (ADI) shows the same accurate attitude with airspeed and altitude tapes as the Pilot, and adds more. In approach mode, you’ll have lateral and vertical deviation indicators, along with your approach minimums, right there on the ADI for a tight scan during this critical phase of flight. You’ll get an alert when you reach barometric minimums, and a DH annunciator will illuminate at AGL minimums (when connected to a radar altimeter).
The Pro couples to most GA autopilots and flight directors, through its included Analog Converter Unit (ACU). An integral GPS Steering (GPSS) function can drive your autopilot in HDG mode through most GPS flight plan legs and course changes, and even along curved flight paths (like course reversals and holding patterns) when connected to an appropriate WAAS GPS navigator. If your autopilot supports a flight director, but your current attitude indicator doesn’t, the Pro will give you a single-cue flight director that will make your hand flying even easier, more accurate and safer. The Pro delivers all the capabilities a serious instrument pilot needs on his or her primary instruments.
Evolution Hazard Awareness (EHA)
is an integrated display of potential flight hazards. EHA is a standard, built-in feature of the Evolution MFDs and is an option on the Pro PFD. Combining datalink weather, Stormscope® lightning, traffic and terrain on your primary navigation display and moving maps makes it easy to see and avoid hazards, even in IMC. EHA provides a better, more integrated display for compatible hazard sensors, while the Evolution Weather Receiver delivers breakthrough pricing for datalink weather solutions.