Call 1-800-447-3408 for Ordering and Installation Pricing.
- Lighted 3” Turn Coordinator
- Avionics Stack Mounted
- Control Wheel Steering
- HDG Preselect & Hold (HDG SYSTEM NOT INCLUDED)
- Altitude Hold with Altitude Trim
- Course Intercept Capability
- NAV Mode
- Dual Mode - HDG/NAV or HDG/APR
- VOR/LOC/GS/REV/GPS Coupling with 3 Gain Levels
- VOR/LOC/GS/REV/GPS Course Deviation and NAV Flag Warning
- Digital Vertical Speed Command
- Pitch Trim Annunciation
- GPSS Mode
- Flight Director Compatible
- Remote Mode Annunciator
- Automatic Electric Pitch Trim
- Altitude Selector/Alerter
The S-Tec Model 55X is a pure rate-based two-axis autopilot offering you smooth precise, dependable performance. Combining the programmer, computer, annunciator, and servo amplifier functions into one compact panel mount unit, the System 55X is the first S-Tec autopilot system designed specifically to be integrated into the aircraft radio panel with other avionics. It is also the first S-Tec system to feature control wheel steering.
The System 55X roll axis has heading select, VOR/Localizer front and back course intercept and tracking. It can be interfaced with RNAV, GPS, or Loran systems. The System 55X Flight Guidance Programmer/Computer converts pilot commands to logic signals for roll and pitch computer functions. Altitude Hold with Altitude Trim.
- Remote annunciator (Required with Flight Director option)
- Flight Director Steering Horizon
- Slaved Horizontal Situation Indicator
- Automatic Elevator Pitch Trim
- Altitude/Vertical Speed Selector Alerter
In general aviation singles, light twins, and turboprops, S-TEC's rate based autopilot systems have a number of significant advantages over attitude based systems. You can expect safety, reliability, and performance whenever your autopilot is engage. S-TEC also believes in a building block philosophy which allows installation of an autopilot today as a foundation, and upgrading to a system with more features and functions at a later date. All S-TEC autopilot systems use common hardware, servos, and sensors throughout the product line which offers you significant advantages in serviceability, reliability, and overall cost. A multitude of autopilots are available from a simple altitude hold only to a full two axis autopilot with glide slope capture, vertical speed control, and dual mode intercept.
Manufacturer does not allow mail-order sales of Autopilots/Flight guidance systems to owners of Certified Aircraft. S-Tec Autopilots must be installed by an authorized S-Tec dealer, unless installed in a home-built aircraft. Avionics installations require special knowledge, skills, test equipment and tools. Call our Avionics Sales Staff for an installed price.