Available for US Shipping Only (48 States) - Not available for International ShipmentArtex ME406 ELT Features:
ORM-D and Hazardous Materials - $37.50 Fee for Air Shipment
ELT SYSTEM/ME406/with WHIP ANTENNA/Includes:
- Immediate search and rescue response
- Position accuracy within 3 km
- Transmitter is identified by serial number or aircraft ID
- Worldwide coverage
- 5-year battery life LiSO2/ LiMnO2
- TSO-C126,ETSO-2C126 pending, COSPAS/SARSAT approved
- Mounting holes compatible with most existing ELT housings
- Single antenna output for both frequencies.
- Designed especially for the private pilot.
- 20 years of ELT design experience results in a breakthrough in design
- A low cost solution to 406Mhz technology requirements
- 121.5 and 406 MHz
- ELT weight: 2 lbs.
110-773 whip antenna, 455-7423 install kit, 455-6196 remote switch, 452-3034 mounting tray, 452-6505 buzzer, 455-0012 battery, 611-601304 coax cable, 570-1600 install/ops manual
The Artex ME-406 is a single output ELT. Two emergency frequencies (121.5 and 406.028 MHz) utilize the same RF output, which requires only one coax cable to connect to the new series of Artex single input antennas. The ELT automatically activates during a crash and transmits the standard swept tone on 121.5 MHz.
Every 50 seconds for 440 milliseconds the 406 MHz transmitter turns on and transmits an encoded digital message to the Cospas/Sarsat satellite system. The mounting hardware for the ME-406 Series is compatible with all previous models of Artex 406 MHz, as well as the ELT200 Series, Pointer Model 300 ELT and Narco ELT's.