The Evolution™ 2500 combines the powerful, award-winning EFD1000 Pro PFD (Primary Flight Display), the EFD1000 MFD (Multi-function Flight Display), and the EFD500 MFD to deliver Aspen’s total glass cockpit solution. The Pro PFD and 1000 MFD provide the safety and confidence of DuoSafeTM PFD redundancy. The 500 MFD expands display area to put more flight data where you want it - the way you want it. Aspen makes the total glass cockpit experience for GA aircraft both easy-to-use and affordable with patent-pending retrofit technology and superior compatibility for substantially lower installation costs and total cost of ownership.
The Pro PFD provides professional-grade EFIS primary flight instruments, a full-featured electronic HSI, and moving maps. The 1000 MFD doubles your panel’s display area and delivers full redundancy of critical systems and sensors. The 500 MFD rounds out the package to deliver the largest display area and most flexible glass panel on the market. All that display area also allows you to view your approach chart and moving map at the same time - cross check your position with ease!
The 1000 MFD incorporates the exact same hardware and software as the PFD, so these units give you two of everything, not just two displays: dual independent AHRS, Air Data Computers, compass systems, HSIs, and more.
With Aspen’s exclusive DuoSafe PFD redundancy, if your PFD fails you simply press the 1000 MFD’s REV button and it becomes the PFD - converting into an identical backup right in your primary instrument scan. This identical PFD backup means less stress and potential confusion in a pressure situation. No other GA glass cockpit system gives you this level of redundancy and confidence at any price!
The Evolution 2500 Package delivers value pricing compared to installing the 1000 Pro PFD, 1000 MFD, and 500 MFD separately. Evolution Flight Displays are fully upgradable, so you can add comprehensive hazard awareness capabilities and other new features via software upgrades, without removing displays from your panel.
Evolution 2500 Package - your ultimate glass panel.
- Three Independent LCD Displays - twice the MFD display area for enhanced situational awareness
- Redundant Solid-State Attitude Heading Reference Systems with Independent Gyro, Accelerometer and Magnetic Sensors
- Redundant Air Data Computers with Independent Airspeed & Altitude Pressure Transducers
- Redundant Emergency Batteries (30 Minutes Runtime or 2 Hours with Optional External Battery)
- Redundant Emergency GPS Receivers (optional)
- Dual Sixpack Displays
- Dual HSIs
- Dual GPSS Computers
- Evolution Synthetic Vision (optional)
- GPS flight plan map views, choose from 360º or Arc view
- Electronic Attitude Director Indicator (ADI) with airspeed and altitude tapes
- Approach mode with lateral and vertical deviation indicators and approach minimums alert
- Integral GPS Steering(1)
- Altitude alerter
- Dual GPS and dual VHF nav support
- Autopilot & flight director integration
- Display of real-time winds aloft, OAT, TAS, and ground speed(1)
- Traffic and weather overlays (optional)
- Moving map that displays GPS flight plan legs, curved flight paths(1), waypoints, navaids and airports
- Brilliant, direct sunlight-readable, 6-inch 760x400 TFT active matrix LCD display (140 pixels/inch)
Engineered for Easy Installation
- (1) See www.aspenavionics.com/availability for product LCD display (140 pixels/inch)availability dates.
- (2) Requires ARINC 735A compatible traffic system.
- (3) Requires Aspen EWR50 Weather Receiver or equivalent.
- (4) With compatible GPS navigators.
- (5) Emergency GPS available with optional upgrade.
- (6) Optional battery backup required.
The Evolution flight displays are innovative, modular system components that slide into existing 3-inch instrument holes in any instrument panel. A universal bracket provides easy surface mounting. The system can optionally be flush mounted. This unique design dramatically reduces installation time and cost.
The modular Evolution platform allows for easy expansion. The integrated displays mount side-by-side in one, two, and three display configurations for supreme flexibility and upgradability.