The Evolution™ 1500 combines the powerful, award-winning EFD1000 Pro PFD (Primary Flight Display) with the versatile EFD500 MFD (Multi-function Flight Display) to deliver a full-featured, exceptionally easy-to- use glass panel at the lowest price on the market.
And your fly-away cost is made even lower because Aspen’s patent- pending retrofit technology delivers substantially lower installation cost. There’s no need for costly new panel modifications; Evolution Flight Displays (EFDs) uniquely retrofit directly into your aircraft’s six-pack panel holes. The self-contained EFDs also don’t require the installation of heavy remote mount boxes. And since Evolution displays work with the avionics already in your panel - no matter what make - you don’t have to upgrade your GPS or radios.
The Pro PFD provides professional-grade EFIS primary flight instruments, with a full-featured electronic HSI with moving map. The 500 MFD adds photo-quality moving maps, terrain awareness, geo-referenced charts and airport diagrams, and (with optional or existing sensors) traffic displays, WX500 Stormscope® display, and the full suite of XM WX® aviation weather products.
The Evolution 1500 package delivers value pricing compared to installing the 1000 Pro PFD and 500 MFD separately. The modular Evolution EFDs are fully upgradable, so you can add comprehensive hazard awareness capabilities, new features, and even a second MFD to complete a three-display glass cockpit system. Evolution delivers greater flexibility since Aspen flight displays work with your existing GPS, radios, and traffic sensors - so you don’t have to upgrade them until you’re ready.
Evolution 1500 - most flexible, most compatible, lowest cost.
Reliable Solid-State Platform
- Airspeed and altitude tapes
- Altitude alerter (and separate approach minimums alerting)
- Full electronic HSI with dual bearing pointers
- Base map with flight plan legs and waypoints, curved flight paths(1), and nearby navaids
- Integrates with most GA autopilot and flight director systems
- ARC and 360º views with dual GPS and dual VHF nav support
- Built-in GPS Steering(1)
- Display of real-time winds aloft, OAT, TAS, and ground speed(1)
Optional Evolution Hazard Awareness
- Integral Air Data Computer and Attitude Heading Reference System (ADAHRS)
- Built-in backup battery and emergency GPS(6)
- Optional Evolution Synthetic Vision(4)
- Optional Evolution Hazard Awareness (EHA) upgrade provides traffic and weather displays(2, 3)
Optional Evolution Synthetic Vision
- High resolution aviation-style moving maps with hazard awareness overlays
- Customizable screen layouts
- Geo-referenced charts and airport diagrams
- Secondary HSI
- Evolution Hazard Awareness (EHA)
- Built-in Terrain Awareness system
- WX500 Stormscope® compatibility
- XM WX® Satellite Weather, with all XM WX aviation weather products(3)
- Brilliant, direct sunlight-readable, 6-inch 760x400 TFT active matrix LCD display (140 pixels/inch)
Engineered for Easy Installation
- (1) With compatible GPS navigators.
- (2) Requires ARINC 735A compatible traffic system.
- (3) Requires Aspen EWR50 Weather Receiver or equivalent.
- (4 ) See www.aspenavionics.com/availability for product availability dates.
- (5 ) Optional battery backup required.
- (6) Emergency GPS available with optional upgrade
The Evolution flight displays are an innovative, modular system that slide into the existing 3-inch instrument holes in any instrument panel. A universal bracket provides easy surface mounting. The system can optionally be flush mounted. This unique system dramatically reduces installation time and cost.
The modular Evolution platform allows for easy expansion. The integrated displays mount side-by-side in one, two, and three display configurations for supreme flexibility and upgradability.