ASA's new electronic flight computer is a price/performance breakthrough, resulting from advances in display and microcomputer technologies. Aviators can calculate true airspeed, ground speed, Mach number, altitudes, fuel, headings and courses, time/speed/distance, winds, headwind/crosswind components, gliding information, and weight and balance.
Continuing the tradition of the original, successful CX-1A, the CX-2 is the easiest to use, most versatile and useful aviation calculator available, with many outstanding features:
- Authorized for use on FAA Exams.
- 34 functions provides access to 40 aviation calculations, including weight and balance.
- 16 unit conversion functions.
- Prompts guide users through each problem for fast and easy operation.
- Calculator and conversion functions can be used alone or within any aviation function.
- Large, easy-to-read screen.
- Menu structure provides easy entry, review, and editing within each function - users can change variables and recompute without reentering the whole problem.
- Inputs and outputs are labeled and numbers are displayed with units.
- Includes a stopwatch, count down timer, and an internal clock that displays both local and UTC time that will keep time even with the calculator turned off.
- Functions can be used together in chain calculations - the answer to a preceding problem is automatically entered into subsequent problems.
- Menu organization reflects how a flight is planned and executed, resulting in a natural flow from one function to the next with a minimum of keystrokes.
- Ergonomic design features a simple keyboard for minimum keystrokes; slim design allows computer to fit into a shirt pocket.
- Hard plastic carrying case protects computer, and fits on the back of the unit for easy storage when the computer is in use.
- Uses four AAA batteries (included).
- 5 year factory warranty.