Alternator Application Fit Guide
Plane-Power aircraft alternators are the product of years of research, development and intensive testing. Each component has been engineered, developed, tested and re-tested exclusively for use in general aviation aircraft.
As a result of these efforts, Plane-Power alternators offer significant improvements over legacy aircraft alternator offerings including:
- Generate substantially higher power at lower engine RPMs
- Generate significantly less heat while producing rated power
- Generate rated power at typical aircraft cruise RPM
- Vastly improved balancing drastically deduces bracket failure
- Greater reliability for significantly increased service life
- Weigh up to four pounds less
Plane-Power alternators are FAA PMA certified to replace the vast majority of popular general aviation alternators.
Plane-Power also manufactures an alternator kit for experimental aircraft applications that comes complete with required brackets, spacers, internal cooling, voltage regulation (choice of internal or external), and over-voltage protection.
Plane-Power alternators are warrantied for 2-years against component failures.